Thank you so much for purchasing Steambox Dumplings! When you’re ready to enjoy them, please follow these instructions. We recommend either steaming or steam-frying the dumplings. Avoid boiling as they may fall apart.
** ALWAYS COOK THE DUMPLINGS FROM FROZEN. NEVER THAW THEM OUT **
What You’ll Need:
1. Fill the pot half-way with water and heat on high to boil.
2. While the water is heating, cut a round of parchment paper to fit the inside of the steamer. Cut small slits in the parchment to allow steam to rise through.
3. Place the frozen dumplings in the bamboo steamer with breathing space to allow the dumplings to expand. Put the lid on the steamer.
4. Once the water is rapidly boiling, it’s showtime! Place the steamer on top of the pot and steam the dumplings for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and put the bamboo steamer directly on a plate to serve. Remove the lid and serve with Crack Sauce or Bomb Sauce, or a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar and a drizzle of sesame oil. Add sriracha for a kick of heat. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
1. Heat a non-stick pan on high (around 350 F) for about two minutes. It’s ready when splashed water evaporates immediately.
2. Coat the bottom of the pan evenly with oil. Drop in the frozen dumplings, leaving half an inch of space between each to allow them to expand.
3. With the lid shielding you, add a quarter cup of water into the pan. Cover immediately. Tilt the pan up and down every couple of minutes while the dumplings simmer to redistribute the oil/water in the pan. Stay attentive as they can burn quickly!
4. Continue cooking on high heat. When most of the water has evaporated (the pan goes quiet), carefully lift the lid and flip the dumplings to another side to brown. Cover until all water has evaporated – this takes about 8 minutes.
5. When evaporated, the heat can be reduce to medium. Uncover the pan and flip the dumplings to desired crispness. Be careful not to puncture the dumplings while flipping – this takes practice!
6. Plate the dumplings and serve with Crack Sauce or Bomb Sauce, or a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar and a drizzle of sesame oil. Add sriracha for a kick of heat. Enjoy!